- Patrick Joseph Mulligan, of Mulligan Breit, LLC, has been selected to the 2015 list as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
- Patrick also achieved the 10 year mark for Super Lawyers.
- Marshall is recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer in Colorado by the National Trial Lawyers.
Premier Denver criminal defense practice handling trials, appeals, and post-conviction proceedings
Client-centered representation from attorneys with more than 30 years of experience
When you are facing criminal charges, your freedom and your reputation are on the line. It is imperative that you hire an experienced attorney who has the knowledge and skill to advocate on your behalf. Mulligan Breit, LLC is a premier criminal defense firm based in Denver. We are dedicated to providing clients with high-quality, aggressive defense. Our attorneys understand the severe consequences you may be facing if charged with a Colorado crime, and we will fight for you.
When you choose our law firm for your criminal defense, you can expect:
- Extensive criminal law experience. Our attorneys are former public defenders who have dedicated their careers to providing the highest level of representation to clients who find themselves navigating the criminal justice system.
- Family-oriented representation. Our firm’s partners, Patrick J. Mulligan and Marshall Breit, are also cousins. Family is important to us, and we have created a firm that reflects our values and provides outstanding representation that may prove crucial when you or a loved one is facing criminal charges or has already been convicted.
- Comprehensive knowledge. Since its inception, the firm's multi-layered approach to criminal defense has been its cornerstone. We have the uncommon experience to handle the most complicated cases at each stage of the judicial process — at the trial level, at the appellate level and through post-conviction proceedings.
We are tenacious advocates who care about protecting your constitutional rights. Trust us to fight for your best possible outcome.
Protecting clients' rights at all stages of the judicial process
Our criminal defense attorneys represent clients at every step of the criminal law process, including:
- Trials. You are innocent unless the prosecution proves, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you committed the crime. This concept is the foundation of the American justice system. We hold prosecutors to the highest standards, and we have been very successful in obtaining complete dismissals during the preliminary stages of cases. In cases that proceed to trial, we have secured countless victories on behalf of our clients in matters ranging from driving under the influence (DUI) to first-degree murder. While marijuana is now legal in Colorado, we have extensive experience defending drug crime charges involving other narcotics, such as cocaine and heroin.
- Appeals. If you are convicted of a felony and sentenced to prison, you should consider an appeal to have your case reviewed by a higher court. When we represent you at trial, we diligently preserve issues related to judicial errors for appeal, and we are prepared to file a brief promptly. Many criminal defense lawyers only take cases up to the trial stage. If you have been convicted of a criminal offense, we urge you to promptly let us review your case to determine if you have appealable issues so you do not miss the filing deadline.
- Post-conviction litigation. Even if you have exhausted your appellate options, you may still have an opportunity for post-conviction relief. Founding partner Patrick Mulligan is considered one of Colorado's leading authorities in complex Rule 35(c) litigation and post-conviction proceedings. Our firm is one of only a handful in the state that pursues this important means of having a conviction overturned.
Our lawyers have the experience, the knowledge and the resources to handle any criminal matter at any stage of the legal process.
With so much at stake, do not delay in retaining criminal defense counsel
If you have been charged with a crime, you have the right to counsel. Exercise it. Call the Denver, Colorado law office of Mulligan Breit, LLC at 303.295.1500 or contact us online for dynamic, client-centered defense representation.